When I was little, my brother and I would have a Sunday night competition every December. After spending the day at our grandparent’s house, we would count the number of houses decorated with holiday lights. Sometimes, the drive home would get a bit heated – especially when we neared the GREATEST house for decorations. To this day, driving around seeing the local holiday lights is still one of my most treasured traditions with my family. Because of the new reality of 2020, I’ve been on the search for some great holiday light events that are festive, yet can be enjoyed from a safe distance in the car. Here’s our list of the best holiday lights around Chester County. If you are looking for the best displays, these are definitely worth the drive. Be sure to check their websites for ticketing information and availability, as tickets can be limited.
The Best Holiday Lights Worth a Trip near Chester County
- Christmas Lights Display at the Herr’s Factory, Nottingham. Drive through the factory from a safe distance and enjoy the holiday display. FREE.
- Holidays at Historic Sugartown – Sugartown Village, Malvern. Ticketed tour of the village and its history. November 28 (recurring event). Check the website for availability and details.
- Koziar’s Christmas Village Lights Display – Christmas Village Road, Bernville. Find out why it’s been listed as one of the best lights in the country. Timed tickets required on weekends, starting November 27.
- Hershey’s Sweet Lights Tour – Hershey. Drive through 2 miles of trails and over 600 light displays. Open daily 5 – 9 p.m.
- Shadybrook Farm Holiday Lights Display – Yardley. Drive-through lights, less than an hour from Chester County.
- Christmas Spirit Light Show – Lancaster. Drive-through lights display. Pre-purchased tickets are encouraged.
- Peddler’s Village Gingerbread House Display – Lahaska. Outdoor displays of some of the most creative and impressive gingerbread houses you’ll ever see. FREE.
Most of our suggestions don’t require you to even leave the warmth of your car – so even more reason to get out and see the holiday lights this year. Who knows what interesting displays you will find!
Thinking of the holidays and not sure what to give that special someone in your life? Visit our Holiday Gift Guide for all things warm, courtesy of Buckman’s Ski and Snowboard Shops. And while you’re at it, check out our local events any time of year, sign up for our FREE weekly newsletter!